For the broth:
1400ml hot veg stock of choice
5 cloves garlic
Thumb size piece of ginger
Handful of brown mushrooms
Buckwheat Ramen or Udon (or half and half)
75g baby spinach
2 grated carrots
1 red pepper sliced into rings
Small back baby corn cut in half lengthways
Small head of broccoli broken into small florets
- Roughly chop onion, garlic and ginger and saute on a high heat in oil of choice (we use a few sprays of Frylight).
- Once the onions have some colour to them, add 1/4 of the stock and deglaze the pan.
- Add remaining stock, mushrooms, soy sauce and a teaspoon of sesame oil. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about an hour.
- Check seasoning, add more soy and/or sesame oil to taste. If you have added too much ginger (oops I always do this to Jude’s dismay), add more boiling water as necessary. Strain veg out (saving mushrooms for topping) and return to low heat.
- Cook noodles as per packet instructions.
- Whilst noodles are cooking, lightly spray a hot frying pan with Frylight and place broccoli in to ‘toast’ for 2 minutes.
- Add cashews, lightly brown off and then remove.
- Add another spray of frylight and place sweetcorn into pan for 2 minutes.
- For last one minute of veg cooking time and a splash of sesame oil and a splash of soy sauce.
- Drain noodles and serve into bowls.
- Ladle over broth.
- Artfully arrange toppings.
Post by Liz